Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finding the Most Expensive Book on Amazon

Quite aside from Walmart Stores, I am sure that Amazon is one corporation with a very large number of goods available for purchase. This occurred to me as I discovered that the number of publications available for purchase with a Kindle e-reader device goes beyond 600,000 titles. And this is very impressive when viewed against the fact that Amazon also has a large database of physical books, furniture, music, software, computers, watches, furniture and other products available for shipment.

Coupled with the very large number of stock units is an effective search machine that allows for convenient search across the virtual store. It just occurred to me that it is far more difficult to find stuff on Amazon based on the costs than it is to find by name or use. For instance, I have concluded that textbooks are among the most expensive items on the Amazon bookstore. What I am unable to confirm is which single publication is really the most expensive throughout the book store today. Why is it that the search engine does not offer this capability?

No comments: