Thursday, October 20, 2011

Light Still Travels Fastest

A couple of weeks ago, I posted this piece and made reference to a scientific experiment whose results suggested that some particles could possibly move faster than light. A careful review of the conditions of the experiment has been conducted with the result that the time differential occurred in the conditions that were set to measure the speed. This means that as I suspected, there was a measurement error in the set up and this created the distortion. While the explanation here requires better than average knowledge of physics, I think that it is still intelligible. As it explains, the measurement error did occur due to the experimental conditions.

I am unsure whether to be glad that my hunch was confirmed but I am still amazed that the error arose from the careful arrangement which was intended to provide accuracy. May I go on a limb now and state that time travel may never be possible. And that is not to state any new thing. 

No comments: