Thursday, August 25, 2011

Padraig Backs Tiger's Return

Golf Ball
http://www.free-extras.com/images/golf_ball-2698.htm
I had initially thought that Tiger Woods would resume his dominant position very quickly after resolving his personal problems. Its clear now that I was wrong about the timing but I still maintain that superlative performance for which Tiger was known would not disappear in a flash. Obviously that view is not considered sensible in light of the player's performance over the last couple of tournaments. I am glad to see that Padraig Harrington, acknowledges here that Tiger's performance is far better than what the rankings show and is cautiously optimistic that Tiger is still capable of breaking the record of 18 Golf Major wins.

That claim does not sound unreasonable to me despite the caution behind the voice. For the same reasons that I mentioned here, I am sure that Tiger Woods is not to be considered a marginal player. He will win more majors and I would place a wager on his breaking jack Nicklaus' record.  

No comments: