Monday, September 11, 2006

Free, Clean and Constant Energy: Any Takers?

"We have developed a technology that produces free, clean and constant energy".

That is the claim made by a technology solutions firm based in Dublin. To my mind, the production of free, clean and constant energy is altogether impossible. While I remain skeptical principally because the claim remains irreconcilable with the conventional wisdom regarding matter and energy, I am impressed by the opennes by this firm in placing an advertisement in The Economist and its website challenging experts and researchers to apply as part of the jury to test the technology.

To the extent that I can tell, no bookies are taking odds on this and I will guess that the probability of the claim being verified is less than 5%. I will be keeping watch and please do so too at www.steorn.net

Whatever the outcome, this is science entering a new era. Do not blink!<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kwame, this is a good idea i hope it takes off.

LindaM